anonymous requested: Karé Kun and Evaan Verlaine (+ bonus Jess Pava)
- the rise of old friends senior dog sanctuary
- pokemon go
- female ghostbusters
- i don’t give a fuck im outta here Obama
- captain america civil war
- girl, black guy and latino guy leads in new star wars
- literally???! Nothing??? Else????
WELL ACTUALLY SINCE YOU ASKED:
- Starbucks actually did the hard work of figuring out how to donate perishable food in a foodsafe way.
- 500 elephants were relocated to a better, safer and bigger home.
- “Unadoptable” cats (who are usually killed) may have a really important place in the world in their traditional area of work, given we’re thinking maybe poisoning stuff all over the place is a bad plan.
- We made massive strides in Alzheimers’ prevention.
- We found out that the ozone layer is repairing itself and that all the work we did to get rid of those aerosol chemicals was actually worth it.
- This therapy could cure radiation sickness.
- The Anglican church resolved to solemnize same-sex unions the same as opposite-sex unions, which required a super-majority of all three orders of the church (lay, clergy, bishop) and got MORE than that from both lay and bishop.
- The Rabbinical Assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of transgender and non-conforming individuals.
- The Liberal gov’t changed the Canada Child Benefit so that it’s actually helping people who NEED THE FUCKING HELP. (I am sorry if you are a six figure income you do not actually fucking need this make some fucking lifestyle adjustments for fuck’s sake.)
- Highway of Tears is finally getting some regular fucking bus service.
- Eastwood donated a bunch more land to the Carmel River restoration project.
- We have developed gene-therapy for autoimmune disorders.
- Precision treatments for cancer are hitting clinical trials and WORKING.
- Dentists are once again providing free care to veterans who need it.
- The Anglican bishop on the Islands made an Eastern pilgrimage walking from Alert Bay to Victoria to stop at every First Nations community and personally, unequivocally apologize for his church’s involvement in fucking them up.
- Canada is actively attempting to increase and improve refugee resettlement.
- It has been determined that the manatee population has bounced back so much (500%) that it can be moved from “endangered” to “threatened”.
- This guy got to see his kids again.
- The Orlando Shakespeare Festival showed up with angel wings to block funeral-goer’s view of hate group so they wouldn’t be disrupted.
- Net Neutrality has been upheld by the appeals court. (No that fight isn’t over BUT THIS IS STILL A FUCK OF A GOOD THING.)
- We may have cured MS. (LET ME REPEAT: WE MAY HAVE CURED MS.)
- New short-treatment-period cure for HepC is huge success.
- Rise Women’s Legal Centre opened.
… . and this is just what I came up with in a pretty lazy google search in an hour, including distractions where I went down the research rabbit-hole for a bit because holy crap some of that stuff’s NEAT, guys!
And I know I’m missing stuff, because I wanted a citation for every single thing I put on there.
Yes, there have been some really bad things that have happened in 2016. There have also been a number of huge fucking miracles, and SIMILAR bad things have always happened, just about every damn year - maybe not to you, or maybe they didn’t make the news, or maybe you just don’t remember any of them because of that whole massive Negative Bias problem that human brains have, but?
A lot of good shit happened. A lot.
Look who I just rediscovered languishing in my sewing basket!
#yurtlife pic no.1 is my tiny cat bro Whiskey, illuminated in the light from my newly-improvised window– wall unhooked and covered in Ikea net curtain. No. 2 is the view thru said window, and no. 3 is the view at sundown last night through the roof hole. Back to indoors job for a week, but then I’ll be here nearly a month! :)
me: *about to sleep*
my brain: the only reason you perceive yourself as a relatively mellow and laid back person is because you are completely engrossed by your daydreams, and constantly focus on those instead of your real life and the consequences of your actions and decisions. evidence shows that when you are forced to confront real life problems, you quickly resort to panicking. in addition to-
me: can’t we drag me in the morning
Latest upgrade: screen enclosure as an anti-fly measure to keep chicken processing more sanitary. The fancy screen door with the nice turned spindles was cheaper than plain, so we fancy in these digs now.
Company. Those paws – she is making air biscuits. It’s too cute.
A video posted by @bomberqueen17 on Jul 18, 2016 at 6:42am PDT
I don’t know if any of this is intelligible but my niece has these two stuffed animals that she has put to bed on the porch and then she declared that she had to sing them to sleep and she’s been singing like this for about ten minutes, I’m not exaggerating.
I am attending A TEA PARTY, about which I am very excited. There is also a stuffed bear and a stuffed beaver.
We made a cake for no occasion and i decided it should get decorated anyway.